- No events planned.
- April, 30, 2018 - Per Chemical Watch, an online publisher about worldwide news and developments in chemicals safety and regulations, the US consumer products giant S. C. Johnson & Son has recently released its sustainability report, The Science Within, which provides a detailed breakdown of how its Greenlist ingredients are evaluated for its household products. The release of the report sets an unprecendent example for chemicals industries in tems of transparency about the safety and risk assessment of the consumer products.
- August 10, 2017 - The EMAP Program is feature on Georgetown Global Engagement site with a title of Georgetown Offers New Master’s in Environmental Metrology and Policy.
- August 2, 2017 - The first video clip on the EMAP Program is on Georgetown's YouTube Channel:
- April 21, 2017 - The first news piece about the EMAP Program, entitled "NEW MASTER’S DEGREE MELDS ENVIRONMENTAL MEASUREMENTS SCIENCE AND POLICY", went on live on the Georgetown University's website.
- April 2, 2017 - Representing the EMAP Program, Professor Phil Hagan participated the American Chemical Society Annual Meeting's Networking Social with Graduate School Recruiters in San Francisco on Sunday April 2, 2017.
- March 30, 2017 - A group of US senators just announced a new bipartisan chemistry caucus. Per the news release by the office of Senator Chris Coons from the State of Delaware, the group that consists of four co-chairs Senators Chris Coons (D-DE), Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV), Steve Daines (R-MT) and Gary Peters (D-MI), and Senators John Boozman (R-AR), Joe Donnelly (D-IN), John Neely Kennedy (R-LA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) "will work with their colleagues in the Senate to underscore the importance of employing sound science to create effective public policy and to promote initiatives that encourage the development of chemical manufacturing and a new generation of chemists in the U.S. through world-class education and research programs." The latter fits perfectly with the mission statement of the EMAP Program.
March 27, 2017 - The DC government approved on Friday, March 24, 2017 the licensure for the new Environmental Metrology & Policy (EMAP) Program at Georgetown University. Early in February 2017, Georgetown University's Board of Directors has already approved the EMAP Program that will be offered starting fall 2017. See https://emap.georgetown.edu for more details.